Thursday, August 9, 2007

Contentment Disorder

Things have been on the busy side around here. I'm sure it's the same for everyone though... dental appointments, check-ups, orthodontic appointments, clothing shopping, school supply shopping...all mixed in with the "normal" things we have to do.

I know this happens every year, but it seems so much more hectic this time. Well, actually, it hasn't ever happened quite like this because...(1) Forrest didn't have his braces this time last year and (2) I could schedule Chloe's appointments at any time I wished...I didn't have to think about taking her out of school to do her regular "Healthy Child Maintenance". Hmmm...it makes much more sense now.

Next year, I will schedule all of these appointments in July, not in the 3 days before school starts.

I remember way back in May thinking "I can't wait until school is out. I won't have to get up early, we can hang out at the pool, the kids and I will have so much fun" etc.

And, other than our vacation last week, and a few other relatively calm moments (that I can't seem to recall now, but am sure happened) in the last two and a half months...I have spent many, many moments thinking "I can't wait until school starts back. We'll get into a routine, there will be quiet moments in my day again, I'll be able to get a few projects accomplished, and things will be normal".

I think I may need to meditate on that scripture that says to be content in whatever state I'm in. Yep, need some work in the ole' "content department". I definitely think that I fall into the "restless, looking forward to the next state" category.

I wonder if there is an actual term for that, like, Contentment Disorder. Hmmm.

Officially rambling now... so, I leave you with a few more pictures from vacation....







No comments: