Thursday, January 31, 2008

Three hours later...

Hannah and Sophie's Spring Break falls on the same week as Forrest's this year...this is only the second time in 6 years that this has happened.

We gave the kids a choice: camping at Big South Fork National Park with day trips to places like Rugby, Tennessee and a ride on an open-air train, or a trip to St. Louis.

I thought for sure the kids would choose St. Louis. Mark and I had taken the kids there when I was 7 months pregnant with Cammie. They LOVED it. There are a ton of cool things to do in St. Louis and most of them are FREE. Free...sounds good to me.

But, nope, they chose camping.

I spent three hours this morning researching campsites and day trips in and around the park. To find interesting things off the beaten path, I ordered the Kentucky version of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Kids-Love-Tennessee-Exploring-Children-Year/dp/0972685421/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1201820889&sr=1-2

After all that, I find out that the train doesn't run between the first of December and the middle of April...which is two weeks after Spring Break.

Three hours...gone. Frustrating.

Anyhoo...I guess that means camping and trains will wait until the end of May.

St. Louis...here we come.

p.s. If you live in Tennessee, I highly recommend the book above. It has led us to all kinds of interesting places.


No comments: