Thursday, April 24, 2008

Touching base...

Hmmm...so....

Maybe you're wondering how my "word for the year" is going... you remember, the one I posted in January in lieu of a New Year's Resolution, or New Year's intention.

Discipline, I believe it was.

Well, I'll tell you about two different conversations with two of my lovely daughters, and then, you can judge for yourself.

Last week, I was getting dressed for church. I was in the process of putting on a pair of Spanx. Now, if you've never wore Spanx, let me just say, they do great things...they also look like biker shorts for a 9 month old when removed from the package.

So, I was wriggling into them, and Chloe was sitting on the edge of the tub chatting with me.

She stops mid-sentence and says..."Those Do Not fit you. Your bottom is Too Big and those things are Too Small".

"Thanks Chloe", I reply.

"What momma? It's da truff".
-----------------------------

Yesterday, sitting on the deck, having lunch with Cammie.

She glances down at my thighs and says, "When I grow up, my legs are gonna be wittle, not big".

I just nod my head.

She points at my thigh and says "See, your legs, they're big. See my legs, they're wittle. Mine aren't gonna get big like yours".
-----------------------------

Well...that's enough about that. Moving on...

We are wrapping up the final preparations for our trip. Buying luggage, ironing out schedules, catching up laundry, making sure I have plenty of memory cards, etc.

Please remember to keep us in your prayers.

Oh, and I found out that we will have Internet access in our rooms and Mark will be bringing his laptop (if his gets stolen, his work has to replace it...if mine gets stolen, we have to replace it)....so, look for updates from Guatemala.

2 comments:

Tammy Batson said...

oh bless your heart ... LeAnna and I have had similar conversations ... NOT fun! Thank God it's our kids saying this stuff to us and not adults! ha! Then we would feel like the pits! =0)

also ... I've done the Spanx ... yep ... nice ... but I've also tried Go Figure by Hanes and they actually work better for me (hold my big booty in more) and are only $14 compared to $25-$30 for Spanx ... Donna Karan also has one available ... it's $40 but is more seemless and not as thick ... however, I haven't got up the courage to pay that much to try them yet! ha!

Praying for you for a safe trip there and back and a wonderful life changing experience while you're there! hugs ...

Renee Camacho said...

So glad that ya'll will have internet access...that'll help ease things a bit, I'm sure!

On to the more 'positive' note. Kaitlyn said to me the other day.

K - "Mom...so when you were little you were skinny like me?"

Me - "yes"

K - "....so....does that mean when I'm old like you, that'll I'll be FAT like you?"

Me - "..............."

Yeah - harsh words from our children often take us aback...left me speechless. I feel your pain. I don't even TRY to squeeze into the Spanx anymore. I'm past the point of anything like that helping anything out on my body without seeing the evidence of the overflow. HA!