Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm not an overly sentimental person,

I'm just not. I'm fine with taking a trip without the kids. Mark and I can go out of town for a week and it usually takes us until day 5 or 6 to say "wow, I miss the kids". It doesn't bother me if my kids want to sleep over at Granny's for the weekend, and I'm fine when it comes time to send them off on their first day of school.

Please, don't get me wrong, I really LOVE my kids...I just don't NEED to be around them 24/7. And, I promise, they don't NEED to be around me 24/7, just ask 'em.

I know people who are not like me in this respect...and I think it's great that they are different from me...really, it's what make the world go 'round.

All of that to say...I am feeling sad and sappy today. Cammie started kindergarten this morning. (Our school district is a bit weird...she goes for half a day today, one half day next week, and then full time the following week).

I am blaming my sappy-sadness on the fact that not only did my baby start kindergarten this year, but Hannah started middle school and Forrest started high school.

This melancholy feeling I have must have been brought on by triple milestones, right? I think I will allow myself to wallow in this sea of sappiness...because I'm sure it won't last long...and it sure is nice to be in a quiet house again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Destry...you just confirmed that you are a younger copy of myself. I absolutely agree with every word. Allison

Denise said...

Oh...I am emotional enough for both of us....
I guess this means I wont being seeing you on Monday mornings anymore, huh?