Monday, November 10, 2008

Lest you doubt that I'm a natural blonde...

I present the following as further evidence...

Today, as I am hurrying around the house, trying to straighten up and start laundry and squeeze in a Publix run before picking up Forrest...Rachel called to go over important Brownie business...and to clarify carpool plans for the afternoon.

As we talk I corral the horses...er...I mean dogs, grab my purse and bottle of water (on the wagon for the 472nd time), I kicked the laundry room door shut and hopped in my truck. We are still chatting as I press the button to close the garage door, back out of the drive and head up the street.

I am a block away from my house when the line goes fuzzy. "Hmm...must have dropped the call" I think to myself. I look down to see what the screen on my cell phone says...and find that I am not on the cell phone, I am on the cordless phone.

Nice.

5 comments:

Renee Camacho said...

Nice, indeed...

I'm not blonde, but must be naturally, though...I've done the same thing.

Tressa & Mark said...

Thank you, I feel vindicated!

Brea said...

hey, at least you didn't back into your garage door. I do know someone who did that. She went out to her car while the power in the house was out, hit the button to raise the garage door and proceeded to back into it, tearing the door off the hinges. Not only did she have a garage door to fix, but it did a number on her car too!

Stacey Merriman said...

Just when you start to think your the only one.......:)

Linda said...

I had to come back in my house 3x before I could finally leave today. I kept chanting the list of things I needed to take with me, and I would get to the car and STILL not have all of them...and have to come hunt them down ..wherever the last place I had gotten something , I had also LEFT something! c r a z y.
on days like that I have to believe that if I had left the way I meant to , somehow i would have had something terrible happen . I figure the Lord is saving me from it by giving me a brain like this.
I can't be in that one terrible place down the road at exactly the right/wrong time, if I am running in and out of my own house and car 3 or 4x. Safe. But I don't feel all that sound sometimes. And Brea, I have actually thought many times, that if I am not vERY careful, I will actually one day back into my garage door. I fear that. And Fear keeps me safe sometimes. This I know.