Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day '08

Random thoughts...voted last week...people in line kept to themselves, no chatting with strangers like in elections past...sad that we are a country so DIVIDED...wondering what ever happened to ONE nation UNDER GOD...hoping that the speculations about riots are just hype...thinking that it's crazy that as Americans we are even considering the possibility of riots...hoping that our taxes don't shoot through the freakin' roof too terribly soon...feeling excited and anxious...wondering what the history books will say about this election in 20 years...glad that it will be OVER soon and what will be will be...fighting the urge to stock pile food and antibiotics...reminding myself that God already knows what tomorrow (and every day after that) will bring...wondering how long the accusations of voter fraud and recounting of votes will go on...wishing I knew how to explain things like abortion and taxes and religious freedoms to my 5 and 7 year old because they keep asking me why I am voting for the guy I am voting for...reminding myself that there will be another election in four years and that the damage done until then won't be past rectifying...hoping that we will remain America the FREE...wondering what HOPE and CHANGE really mean to those that will hold power over us all...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll add to the list...
wondering if this president will pull the rug out from under my sons serving in the military..(one heading to the desert again after the inauguration)....wondering if we will have the freedom to express ourselves if we don't particularly agree with him...wondering what this guy REALLY is all about.