Thursday, June 12, 2008

Obsessions

For some reason, I have thought that I shouldn't post anything until I was finished with the Guatemala Chronicles...hmmm...perhaps it has something to do with my OCD.

It's the strangest thing...I'll get something in my head, and "that's just the way it is"...then, one day the fog clears and I think..."hey, I could do it this way". For example, there have been several times that I have thought..."I should blog about that... Oh, wait... I can't...I haven't finished the Guatemala posts". Then, out of nowhere, I just have this thought..."So what. I can finish those posts any time" .

Let me clarify, I have thought "so what" a few other times, but I couldn't get past it without breaking out in hives ...then, today... I think "so what"...and voila...no splotchy red marks arise on my chest when I pop over here to post.

This is not a new phenomenon, it has/does happen with other things too...Many of you are aware of my recovery from my Little People problem...here is a brief explanation for those of you who are not.

There was a time, that my Obsessive Disorder caused me to be fixated on Fisher-Price Little People. I kept a list of all the Little People sets and pieces that we had (this began when Forrest was little). I would go through the Little People, checking off my list when they were present and accounted for. If, heaven forbid, one was lost, I would scour the Internet looking for a replacement. If I happened down the toy aisle and came across one that we didn't have, splotches of red hives would appear across my neckline. This lasted for a few years...then, one day, it miraculously disappeared. I knew I was fficially cured from my Little People Disorder when I was able to give a few sets to the Goodwill.

Some other things that either have or still cause an obsession are:

-hair bows...please don't ask how many we own...suffice it to say, I plan on putting Chloe through college with the money I make from reselling them.

-Basic Grey scrapbook paper...DANGER DANGER...I need at least 3 sheets of each paper that they make...no need to do the math on that one either.

-hanging clothes in all closets by (1) color (2) sleeve length (3) collar style.

-music on itunes...I have to pace myself...because if I log on without giving myself a limit of 10 or so songs...well, just this afternoon, I somehow ended up downloading 50 songs...I know, I know...but The Dance Hall Crashers were one of my favorites...and I like to sleep to Morphine...and, and...

If I could somehow channel this to say...laundry, oooohhhhh or cooking...life would be good.

1 comment:

Linda said...

LOving the guatemala posts BUT I am very glad you broke through the barrier and realized you CAN blog about just about anything you want...because you can. I think the blog rules are really pretty open minded. YAY FOR YOU!