Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturday randomness...

Cammie, Chloe and Sophie are at Granny's house.

Hannah is at church camp.

Forrest is still asleep.

Mark is pressuring washing the deck.

For all intents and purposes (I've never used that saying before, but I like the way it sounds when other people do), I am alone in my house. On a Saturday. Which, is just unheard of.

What to do, what to do.

Do I tackle one of the big projects that have been on my To Do list...repair the sh oer curtain valance thingy in the kids' bathroom, hang the two pictures that go in the kids bathroom but have been patiently waiting in my office since last September, oooohhhhh finish cleaning my office, order pictures since I haven't in over a year...which means that I have been scrapbooking photos from circa 2004 lately, catch up the laundry, or maybe finish those Guatemala posts that I started well over a month ago

So very many things to choose from.

For someone with OCD, I sure can leave a lot of things undone. See, this is caused by issues that I have discussed before...the "P" words that go hand in hand with OCD...Procrastination which is brought on by Perfectionism. Oh, okay, I'll be honest...there is a bit of laziness thrown in the mix that has nothing to do with OCD.

It's a dreadful combination...OCD, Procrastination, Perfectionism, Laziness.

First, I think I'll have another cup of coffee, then I'll work on being productive.

2 comments:

Brea said...

I like to call it ACD. I have my mother's OCD and them my ADD that I can't blame on anyone. I think ACD sounds nice and no one knows what in the he** I am talking about when I say it. Plus, it sounds like I have a formal diagnosis when in fact I just have too much crap to get done and since I want it done perfectly, it just isn't going to get done anytime soon. Anyhoo, jealous that you got a day off. VERY jealous!

Renee Camacho said...

I need a day off now, lol...can't handle the constant interuptness...(I KNOW, BAD SPELLING>)