Friday, September 5, 2008

Six silly things about me...

I was tagged by Brea...here goes:

1. I love true crime stories. I started reading true crime books when I was 10. At the time, it didn't seem weird. Today? Who let's their 10 year old read about The Black Dahlia or this guy? Seriously, I think I should have been supervised a wee bit closer. Now, I like to watch Cold Case Files and such while I fold laundry.

2. Sometimes, I narrate conversations and situations in my head. Example: Driving down the road the other day...

Forrest: "Why do you pick me up before you pick the girls up"?
Me: "Beacause Forrest, you get out of school 20 minutes earlier".
Forrest: "Can't you pick them up and then pick me up"?
Me: "Sure Forrest, I'd love to add an extra 40 minutes to my after school pick-ups".

After I said that last line...in my head I thought "she said sarcastically".

That's just one example, I actually do that on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes, it annoys me.

3. I just realized that I should have titled this "6 Bizarre Things About Me".

3. (I was joking about that last #3). This might be TMI...but I brush my teeth while I am in the shower. Yep. I keep toothpaste and my toothbrush in the shower and that is were I polish my pearly whites.

4. I seriously have a problem with the news. I read it voraciously. Fox News is my home page and I check it several times a day. I love talk radio. I love the news...just not local news. I do not read the local paper and I do not watch any local news stations. Global/World news...I need to know. Local news...I'd rather be blissfully ignorant.

5. My favorite holiday is.......My Birthday. As a matter of fact, my birthday is next Friday. Yay Birthdays!

6. My friend Carrie and I used to be all about some old school Hip Hop. There was a teen club in Rivergate called "T Michaels" where we would go to dance on weekends (who let's their 13 year old hang out at a dance club???). While the dancing and big hair were a fleeting phase, we continued to like the music. To this day, if we catch a Bel Biv Devoe, LL Cool J, De La Soul or Digital Underground song on the radio, we'll call each other and bust into song..."bitties in the BK lounge...".

AND there you have it. Six pieces of completely useless information about moi.

Okay, let me see...I should tag someone else...how about the lovely Amber Corey, my talented friend Renee Camacho and my amazingly gifted blogging friend Elizabeth. (I know that you guys have been tagged for various things before...feel free to opt out).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know all the lyrics to every Will Smith song ever. Not cool!

Brea said...

ok, yep, I knew we were meant to be friends. I love the true crime crap too.

Also, I can't believe I didn't know about a place called T Michaels in my own backyard?

We were Denim and Diamonds girls and yes, I can still sing the lyrics on command! Those were the days!

Amber said...

Wow, I've never been tagged before....this could be fun. =)

Denise said...

I love true crime stuff too!! I had forgotten all about T Michaels....I never went....but I always wanted to!!
Does anyone remember the Heart Throb Cafe at Fountain Square at Metro Center?