Friday, September 12, 2008

Today I am...

celebrating the first anniversary of my 30th birthday. (Which sounds so much better than "today I am officially in my thirties").

Sarah and I have birthdays two and a half weeks apart. We've always said that we would celebrate our 30th birthdays together somewhere fabulous. Last year when we realized that we couldn't work out our schedules to actually make that happen, we began planning for our 1st anniversary trip.

And (yes, I know that it's not proper grammar to begin a sentence with the word "and") that is where we are now. Lazing about in our hotel room in New York City. Napping and reading.

In an hour or so, we'll begin getting ready for an early dinner and afterwards, we'll be seeing WICKED on Broadway. Have I said that my birthday is my favorite holiday?

My other birthday present is this...
-
-

We haven't named her yet. The breeder that we adopted Winston from called a few weeks ago to let us know that her dog Madison had just given birth to a litter of 8 pups. She knew how much we had enjoyed playing with the previous litter on our visits with Winston before we were able to bring him home...and since this would be the last litter for Madison, she thought we might like to come and visit the little pups.
-
All puppies are cute, but Saint Bernard puppies are exceptionally so. When I held this little cuddly pup and she fell asleep on me, I fell in love...and my ever indulgent husband bought her for me.

5 comments:

Amber said...

Agh! I'm so jealous - new york AND a puppy? What more could you want??? =) Hope you have an absolute blast. Happy Birthday!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy NYC....it is a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

I have really bad news. Don't get to upset. I looked in my calendar, and your Birthday was not listed as a Holiday. I think we can work around it by petitioning the legislator. We need to take action immediately and get this fixed before your next anniversary of your Birthday. ha ha ha

Renee Camacho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee Camacho said...

WOOHOO on the puppy-love...hmmm...hope she's as good as Winston!! Hope your trip was Wickedly Wonderful!