Friday, September 19, 2008

I think that...

most parents want their children to dream big...set their goals high...aim to achieve more than they themselves achieved. Am I right?

Seriously, don't we want the best for our kids? A good education, followed by a rewarding career, a nice home and a happy family?

Bearing that in mind, you will understand why I found the following conversation perplexing...

On the way to church we pass Mason's Motel and Restaurant. The motel has been converted to pay-by-the-week apartments. For years, the sign has read:

Mason's
Motel and
Restaurant

As of last week, the "Motel and" part have been covered with a banner that simply says "Efficiency".

Forrest: "What do they mean by "efficiency"?

Me: " They no longer rent rooms by the night, they rent them by the week".

Forrest: "Like an apartment except you pay week-to-week instead of month-to-month"?

Me: "Yes, exactly".

Forrest: "Hmmm...I'll have to keep that in mind".

Me: "Keep what in mind"?

Forrest: "You know, as an option for when I graduate".

That's right son, dream big.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am sure the luxury suites at Mason's are not exactly what he was expecting. I wouldnt stay there if it was free.....the restaurant on the other hand....I love Jenny's food!!!

Renee Camacho said...

OMG...ONLY Forrest...seriously...our sons have lost it. Their hold on the reality of life is slipping, lol!

Brea said...

I busted a gut when I read this. I bet you could make his "room" REAL nice at Mason's. I bet it's cheaper than Vanderbilt.

Alison said...

That is SO funny! Josh and I attended a birthday party down that way (so country, i know) but we did. We drove by it and I said, WHAT! What happened to that place. Not that it was a five star hotel by any means, but you know. Tell Forrest that he might be better off sleeping at a bus stop!

too funny!

alison

Elizabeth said...

LOL! Oh that is a great story! Thank you for sharing, Destry.

Elizabeth Esther
:-D