Thursday, October 2, 2008

Some random things...

because I haven't posted in a few weeks and I know how irritating it is to click over to someones blog day after day and find the same post that you found the day before...

-I have cooked two nights in a row this week...tonight will be night three. I am really trying to cook more often...and I know I have said that before...and I can pretty much guarantee that I will say it again...but hey, three nights is better than no nights...right?

-My truck was super-funk-nasty-dirty. Mark and I are going to Catalyst in Atlanta next week and some friends from church are riding down with us. The amount of cleaning my truck is in need of is far beyond my abilities. When the nice little detail guy looked at it to give me an estimate, he "tsk-tsked" and said that it was a "two-dayer"...and that "no, I couldn't let friends ride in it"...he'd "clean it so that I wouldn't have to rent a car". Thanks.

He also said that he could repair the 8" gash in my front bumper. A gash that has been marring the beauty of my lovely truck since the 7th day I owned it...a gash that was inflicted by WashMasters in Rivergate...side note...NEVER take your vehicle to WashMasters. I had said those same words to my well-meaning husband...I said "NEVER go through WashMasters...they have a history of damaging cars and not fixing them"...and he forgot that I said "NEVER go through WashMasters"... and in that moment of forgetfulness, he decided to be nice and have have my truck washed for me...and my truck entered the wash perfect and unblemished and emerged scarred and worn.

The detail guy also said that he could fix the spot where I had had an altercation with a yellow pole in the Starbucks drive-thru. No one warned me about the yellow pole in the Starbucks drive-thru.

-Winston is getting HUGE. He is 8 months old today and he weighs a little under 100 pounds. Oh how I love this doggie. His sister will be joining us in 10 days...I can't wait.

-Speaking of things that I can't wait for...I can't wait to watch the debate tonight. This election is so important...I urge everyone to read up on the candidates (specifically, read about their voting history in the Senate) make an INFORMED decision, and most importantly VOTE!

-I love Fall. More than I love Fall, I love napping in the fall. Actually, I just love napping...but napping is better in the Fall.

While, I know that this has been a rather bland post...but it beats the same page again...right?

3 comments:

Alison said...

Not to get on my soap box...BUT, Washmaster's damaged Josh's car too! It pulled one of the hubcaps off and then the car ran over it through the wash. Granted, maybe we should have taken them off, but who does that. When we asked Washmasters about it, they said that somethings "Just Happen!"

I beg to differ. Somethings don't have so much power they pull hubcaps off and then run over them, breaking them into 5 pieces and then throw them into the trash so we didn't notice.

I was so mad. This was years ago...can you tell I am still a little upset!

Glad your back!
Alison

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the yellow pole. My hubby claims that the color yellow is the warning. Um Hum, so, why do I keep hitting it if it so adequately yellow? Maybe they should try hunter's orange. If it helps people not get shot, maybe it could keep a pole from getting hit. Or maybe remove the pole. What are the chances I would hit a building? My hubby says the chances are very good that I would hit a building. How rude!

Tressa & Mark said...

Napping in the Fall - Nothing like a good book to curl up with, sit in the sun, read a few pages and fall into sweet slumber.

I've been lurking awhile. And, yes, was clicking on your page, waiting for a post. ;-) Glad you're back.