Saturday, January 31, 2009

Random is good...

1. I like theses random posts. They are so liberating...no pressure to format amusing sentences into proper paragraphs. Yes, random is good. (It is especially good in that it allows me to post at least once a week...which allows me to avoid the "why don't you update your blog more often" question from my sister).



2. My husband is watching an incredibly dumb movie right now. I have spent the past hour and a half of my life perusing facebook while trying to avoid losing brain cells to his dumb movie.



3. Winston will celebrate his 1st birthday tomorrow. He weighs 160 pounds. I am so glad that none of my children weighed 160 pounds on their first birthday.



4. The sun was shining bright today...evidently sunshine motivates me...I completed 8 loads of laundry.



5. Forrest currently has all A's and B's...for the first time since the 3rd grade. Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath to see if this lasts until report card day. Instead, I am basking in the glory of being the parent of a studious child for the entire day and half that I am able. It makes me want to buy one of those "My child is on the Honor Roll" bumper stickers. Knowing that Monday would see me with a sharpie in hand adding "not" between "is" and "on" has prevented me from doing so.



6. One of my favorite things about owning a handgun is that I am now able to say things like "If you keep on naggin' me to cook dinner I'm gonna bust a cap in yo' butt". Unfortunately Mark is a better shot. Fortunately he hasn't used his gun to threaten me into cooking dinner.



7. I wonder how much weight I can lose before our trip in 5 weeks. I plan on going Richard Simmons crazy from now until then to find out.



8. Speaking of our trip...I have entirely too much to do between now and then.



9. Somehow I have managed to keep the 2009 photo blog up to date for the month of January...hold your applause.



10. I am going to bed now. I know better than to stay up this late on a Saturday night...I'm such a rebel.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're so funny! :)

kaeleigh said...

Your #6 scares me!!! Poor kids :( they have to witness their parents at gunpoint for the simple sake of a meal...oh the world we live in today hehe

kaeleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Destry said...

No, no, we're not brandishing our guns while we have these conversations...they are snug in their safe. We don't want to scar the poor children...(that would not be following proper gun safety).

Brea said...

wait, wait...5 weeks. Does this mean you are going to miss Encore hell? You can't, you musn't. Say it ain't so!

Anonymous said...

Random should be a way of life. Kind of like minimalism or living green. I live random. On #6, I saw Mark standing in your kitchen. I know he is smart enough to read a follow the directions on most packaging. If he gets really really hungry, he has the skills to fix it.