Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year...

Last year my One Little Word was "discipline"... let's examine how that worked out...

-I wanted to be more disciplined with diet and exercise. I am happy to report that I lost a total of 152 pounds in 2008. The only problem...well, I also happened to gain 151 pounds in 2008. So, as I sit and type this I am down 1 pound from the same day last year.

-Another area that I wanted to be more disciplined in was bible reading and prayer. While I did read and pray more in 2008 than I did in 2007...it wasn't nearly enough for me to consider myself disciplined about it.

-My photo blog is also something that required discipline...and we all know how well that worked out. I am currently behind by a month and a half.

Discipline was obviously not the word for me. I'm not sure what my new word will be for 2009.
I do know that I have been going to the gym for the last month and I have lost 10 pounds and that I have more stamina than I did at this time last year.

Even though I haven't prayed as much as I should or invested as much time in the word of God as I should...I am thankful that His mercies are new EVERY DAY. Today can be the start of a renewed commitment.

While I haven't been consistent with posting the pictures on the photo blog, I have taken them and have a list so that I can catch it up...and I AM going to catch it up. My OCD says that I have already messed it up...but you know what... I don't really care. It's my photo blog and I want to be able to print the pictures and have a record of our 2008. AND furthermore...I am going to give it another try. Look for a link later today. The original photo blog will be updated within the hour with another installment of catch up photos.

I love January. It always seems full of hope and promise. A clean slate and another chance to be different...to be better. Maybe that will be my word...better. Not disciplined, not perfect, but better.

No comments: