Saturday, June 30, 2007

Farewell to my ex-BFF...

I remember the excitement of our first meeting. It was 6 years ago, and I had been longing for an easy, no fuss relationship.


We met at Hecht's (now Macy's) in the housewares department. I caught a glimpse of you as I was searching for some trivial household item. My heart skipped a beat. I could not believe my eyes. I knew, that surely I was reading you wrong.



I didn't allow myself to get to close that day. Knowing, that looks can be deceiving, and not ready to commit to what could turn into a messy relationship, I left.



You were not far from my thoughts though. I told Mark about you. He thought you sounded too good to be true... a waste of time and energy. We agreed, I should put you out of my mind.


I tried...oh, how I tried. But, I could not resist your allure. I found myself drawn to you again and again... constantly looking for reasons to return to the the third floor of the department store...trying to figure out if you were as good as your pretty packaging made you sound.


Mark, indulging husband that he is, agreed to check you out. Usually the skeptic, and harder to win over than I, he too was intrigued.


Finally, after two more long weeks, I decided that I was willing to risk the disappointment...if it turned out as good as we hoped, the risk would be worth it.


I brought you home to meet our friends and family. You were well received by all. I had made a good decision.


For 6 years, we have been friends. You, provided me with comfort and warmth, helped me to become a morning person and overcome spells of lethargy. You were relatively low maintence...especially when compared to your High Maintenance predecessor. You were truly, my BFF.


You had your moments of course. Sometimes not responding to my gentle prodding, and at other more rebellious times, pouring yourself out in unbecoming ways. In the grand scheme of things, your less than stellar moments were easy to overlook.

Until now. I have a new BFF. A BFF that is willing to be at my beck-and-call. One that doesn't require maintenance...and is always ready with a fresh cup of steaming goodness. One without beans, without grinders and grounds and filters that need constant cleaning. One that isn't quite as LOUD.


Now, don't worry Cuisin Art Grind and Brew, you aren't being kicked to the curb...so to speak. You'll still have your moments to shine...when we have company and need mass produced caffeine. We can still be friends. Can't we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl after my own heart!! Coffee is a true friend. Allison

Anonymous said...

Yep!! LOL Funny!! :D
Tisha :D