Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today I..

*had the strangest thought upon waking. I was praying for Mark to have a safe trip and a safe return...when it occurred to me that if he ever died we would be without health insurance. Of course I woke him right up and asked him what I should do in that event. "Buy a personal plan" he answered. "But who will help me pick one out" I whined. "Google" he replied.

*stayed home while Mark drove the girls to school...a special treat that only happens when he is leaving to go out of town.

*had brunch with Mark at Cracker Barrel. I half listened as two older women across the aisle from us complained bitterly about another woman and then I prayed that God would help me to be more compassionate and merciful.

*drove Mark to the airport and kissed him goodbye. Poland is a loooooooong ways away. I definitely get a little whiney when he has to leave the country for a week. Then, I thanked the Lord for Mark's job and the opportunities and the lifestyle that it affords us. And, I also thanked God for a husband that works hard. Being thankful changes my perspective. It's hard to whine while giving thanks.

*went to Rivergate Mall. I removed my handgun from the console of the car and placed it in my purse. Rivergate Mall weirds me out.

*bought a cleanse from GNC. While checking out, the guy in line behind me noticed the box in my hand. He helpfully told me that it was a great cleanse. In fact, he had just come off of the same cleanse himself. I told him that I had never tried this particular cleanse and I hoped that I would notice a change in my energy level and sugar cravings. He assured me that I would. He also shared "that there will be a distinct difference in your stool. You'll be amazed". Greeaaaaaaat! Good to know! I adore talking about stool with strange men in vitamin stores. Have I mentioned that Rivergate Mall is a weirdo magnet?

*might have stopped in Journey...which may or may not have resulted in three pairs of shoes. (If it did result in three pair of shoes, they would have all been on sale and two pair would have been marked down to 9.99....).

*finally went grocery shopping. Without coupons. Which meant Super-Walmart. Yuck.

*had an encouraging conversation with my bestie...if only she were moving back to Nashvegas...

*let Forrest drive the BMW home from school. It was only a tiny bit scary...and not one single bad word escaped my lips when he hit the brakes too hard, turned too wide or almost swiped the Yukon while parking in the driveway.

*broke a nail trying to grab Winston's collar as he lunged past me and out the door...followed by Marley. Good times.

*hope that I sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Kat Weaver said...

I love your blog and wanted to let you know. And I absolutely agree...it is indeed very hard to whine while giving thanks. I'll remember that!