Sunday, July 15, 2012

Helllllooo out there...

It would appear that it's about time for my yearly update. I have no idea why I fall off of the blogging wagon so routinely...especially when I go back and read past entries and am reminded of some little wonder of my life.

Today is the first time that I've even looked at this blog since the last post...11 months and 4 days ago. I realized that there are basically two years missing from my chronicles. I also realized that I gave a teaser about two major life decisions and never said what they were. And now they seem like odd bits to throw out there.

But, I've always been a fan of odd bits, so I'll do it anyway.

1) We moved. We bought our dream home...and we shall never move again. Ever. (Mark and I plan to live in Chicago for at least one year...maybe two...after the kids graduate...but we will be keeping this house). This is the house where our grandchildren will come to visit us. That's a weird thought.

2) We adopted a son. He is a family adoption...and he was 18 months old when he became more than a second cousin to my husband and a third cousin to our children...when instead he became our son and their baby brother. He is adorable and smart and full of life. He definitely shook things up around here. (And for those of you that have lost count, he brings our offspring count to 6).

Kind of some major news there, huh? And you know what? I'm sad. I'm sad that I didn't keep up with this blog during all of that. The ups and downs...the minutiae of the past two years...gone. I've done Project Life most of this year...so memories have been recorded...but not in this format. Scrapbooks feel like they are for my family. I enjoy creating them and they fulfill certain aspects of creativity that I crave...but they have never fulfilled me in the same way that writing does. 

No matter how many times I walk away from it, and no matter how many months pass between posts, I'm drawn back to this spot.

So, here I am. Back again.

No comments: