Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow day...

The kids were excited to wake up and hear that they were out of school for the day.

Cammie loved watching the snow from inside the warm, dry house. Forrest is really the only one who enjoys romping around in the frigid air with snow dampened clothes on. Cammie and Chloe went out on the deck when it snowed a few weeks ago. Within minutes, they were back in the kitchen, peeling off their layers of clothing with numb fingers.

The girls went to their friend Madeline's for awhile this morning, leaving me to my book.


Forrest wandered down, looking bored, so I challenged him to a game of Scrabble. I have a history of winning...not that I'm competitive or keeping track or anything. This time, he came close to winning. The score was 277 to 285. I must admit, when he laid down the word "starch", I was impressed. When he added "corn" to it for a score of 58 points, I was very impressed.




I've been thinking about starting another blog...a 366 photo blog. Only, mine would be like a "9 months of a photo a day" since I am obviously behind. I began taking a picture a day on January 1st. By January 15th, I was off the wagon. I enjoy looking at a few others, especially Renee's, and that has almost inspired me to start back up. I think in the beginning, I was making it harder than necessary...waiting for the "right" shot for the day, instead of focusing on the mundane things that make up our life. Hmmm...not sure yet. If I do, I'll launch it March 1st...that whole OCD-start-on-the-first-of-the-month-thing and all.

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

I typed this long post last night that disappeared, so here it is again!

You're so silly! Just go ahead and start already...and then you'll just have the opposite OCD where you feel it necessary to take the picture EVERYDAY upon rising...for whatever reason that is! :)