Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Too strange...

My friend Rachel happened to be in the car with me while I was doing the school pick ups yesterday. When we picked up this guy:







we happened to be talking about voting. He listens for a minute and then says "You know, I'll be voting in the next election".



What????????



There is just something wrong with that.



Never mind that he doesn't even pick out his own clothes. Forget about the fact that if not reminded, his teeth would go unbrushed for an indefintate length of time.



How has time passed so quickly? Where did the last 14 years go? Everyone says "they grow up so fast", but in reality, they grow up in a second.



In four years, not only will he be voting, but he'll be out in the world, making decisions. Decisions, that he may or may not allow me to vote on. Strange. Scary.



Jesus, cover me with grace. I pray for that grace to fill in all of the gaps that my inadequate parenting leaves behind. Keep him for your purpose and glory Lord.

3 comments:

Renee Camacho said...

Completely, totally, incomprehensible. Truly.

That's my prayer as well...all the gaps, Lord. The older they get, I think the more inadequate I personally feel as a mother. Let's hope we're doing something right, huh?

And - is that the 10 year old picture? SURELY not?

Destry said...

This pic was taken two days after Chloe was born...so that would make him 7 and a half.

At the time, he seemed so big. Now, I realize he was little more than a baby.

Linda said...

good to know that he isn't 14 in the picture. I was freaking out a little.
Today I saw a girl who is probably 14 who the last time I saw her she was probably 11. What an incredible difference in that 3 years...she could be any teenager now. And 14 can look way too much like 18. What is the world coming to , and why is it getting there so fast?