Friday, April 3, 2009

On parenting...

Most days, I pray that God's grace is enough to cover my inadequate parenting...especially in the teenager parenting arena.

Occasionally, one of the kids or the teenager do or say something that gives me a glimmer of hope that they will indeed turn out well.

Conversely, there are times that the kids...especially the teenager...does something or some things that cause me to scratch my head (more like pull my hair out of my head) and think to myself...surely I am not doing this bad of a job am I???

On those days I pray that God's grace will (A) help me to not beat the living day lights out of the teenager, and (B) help me make it through to the next glimmer of hope.

Seriously, whoever said that being a parent is "the most rewarding job one can have" was either a liar or suffering from delusions.

1 comment:

Renee Camacho said...

They were DEFINITELY suffering from delusions...either that, or they didn't have our kids, lol! They must have had what those perfect parents call children! :) Oh, to be one of those parents with just ONE of those kids, huh? We CAN dream, right? And I pray that God's grace and mercy covers not only my faults, but theirs! I've said frequently that the scripture to states something to the effect that obey your parents and your life will be long REALLY means...obey your parents and they won't KILL you! HA! Okay - so really, I'd never hurt them...you know what I mean!